With the UK’s most successful small business campaign approaching, we look at how businesses can reap the benefits of accepting card payments on Small Business Saturday.
Technology is changing the way we live, learn, work, socialise and even how we pay for items, which makes accepting card payments a necessity for many small businesses to remain competitive and increase sales.
Not only does it make life easier and more convenient for your customers, it also means there’s no waiting around for invoices to be paid, or time-consuming trips to the bank.
Whatever kind of business you have, the number one rule is to listen to what your customers want. Having the most up-to-date payment options is proof that you are keeping up with the way consumer spending habits are changing. The good news for small businesses is that this shift only points in one direction – increased sales.
So what are the advantages?
There is an expectation from consumers that card payment is available everywhere and that’s why independent retailers need to make it a priority. The benefits to your business will be significant –
- Grow your business – accepting card payments opens up new sales channels and prevents lost sales opportunities
- Customers are more likely to spend more on higher value items
- It’s proven that accepting card payments increases order size by as much as 40%
- You’ll make fewer trips to the bank to deposit cash and cheques
- It increases security as there will be less cash held on your business premises
- Cleared funds will be in your business account usually within 2-3 working days after the transaction
- It opens up the option to accept card payments over the phone and online
Since over two thirds of consumers say they only shop at businesses that accept card payments, can your business really afford to miss out on these sales? The benefits of accepting card payments will far outweigh the cost and happy customers become loyal customers, which makes for repeat business and promotion through word of mouth, a valuable asset to any business.
Benefiting from credit and debit card processing has never been easier. So why wait – start growing your business today! Visit www.handepay.co.uk to request a no obligation quote or call 0800 3777 382.
What if I already accept card payments?
If your business already accepts card payments, you can take Handepay’s Price Challenge to save money on your card processing fees! Simply email a recent merchant statement to email@example.com (you can send either a scanned image or a photograph of the statement). A no-obligation review of your current merchant services costs will be carried out and if we can’t save you money, we’ll give you £500!
Terms and Conditions apply – click here to find out more.
To find out more about the Small Business Saturday campaign, visit www.smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com