Handepay Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any Act replacing this for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations (the Act), the data controller is HANDEPAY Limited of Westway Park, Galway Crescent, Haydock WA11 0GR.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
All personal data and any other information which we may collect from you and about you will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with our obligations under current UK data protection legislation.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site co.uk(our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our site, subscribe to any service which we provide, search for a product, obtain a quote, place an order with us or via our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site (where available), and when you report any problem with our site or the services which we provide via our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and business requirements.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may receive information about you from third parties who refer clients to us who may need our services. They will provide us with information including your name, contact details and requirements. When considering credit applications we will also obtain information from credit reference agencies who will provide information on your credit history. We are also working closely with payment services providers and may receive information about payments your business receives from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us – We will use this information:
- to consider requests to enter into contracts with us – this is done on the basis of our considering entering a contract;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us – where the contract is with you this is done on the basis of our contract, if you are not a party to the contract it is done because it is in our legitimate interests and those of your employer/business;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about – this is done as we have a legitimate interest in providing these details to you to keep you informed of additional products. You may opt out of these notifications at any time;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data – the consent provided is the basis for this use of data;
- to notify you about changes to our service – as part of our contract with you or a legitimate interest where the contract is with your employer/business;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- if you are a company or an unincorporated business, to search records of individuals who are your major shareholders, directors, principals, partners, other officers, guarantors and/or indemnifiers – this is done on the basis it is necessary to enter a contract;
- to trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage individuals’ accounts or insurance policies – this is done as we have a legitimate interest in the recovery of outstanding sums and protecting our assets;
- to check individuals’ identity to prevent money laundering, unless the individual furnishes us with other satisfactory proof of identity – this is done as part of our regulatory obligations and also as part of the consideration of a contract application;
- for training purposes;
Information we receive from other sources –
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into (or considering entering into) with them or you.
- When searching your record at one or more credit reference agencies from time to time for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. You should be aware that these agencies will add to your record details of our searches and this will be seen by other organisations carrying out later searches.
- When checking your details with one or more fraud prevention agencies and recording any false or inaccurate information; if we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Handepay Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you wish to transfer to any business providing a similar service to ours, including (without limitation) insurers, guarantors and professional advisors to whom you may wish to transfer, any business to which we may wish to transfer our rights or duties and any merchant acquirer who we consider may be suitable for your business.
- By adding to your record with any relevant credit reference agency the details of any agreement with us and your performance under it.
- To help us make decisions about credit and credit-related services for individuals and members of their household.
- To help us make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims for the individuals and members of their household.
- To trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage individuals’ accounts or insurance policies.
- To check individuals’ identity to prevent money laundering, unless the individual furnishes us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
- For statistical analysis relating to credit, insurance and fraud.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. All data transferred outside the EEA is done so under contracts with our data processors to ensure they meet the appropriate standards.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS 1.2 technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for use to use your data at any time. You may also opt out of any marketing being done as a legitimate interest of ours. These are both opting out and the process is set out below.
You can opt out by unsubscribing from marketing communication you receive
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Handepay Merchant Services, of Westway Park, Galway Crescent, Haydock, WA11 0GR.