How to install your Ingenico terminal
Today I’m here to show you how to install your Ingenico terminal.
- Position your terminal in an area where it is easily accessible to all who may need to use it, away from heat sources and damp environments.
- Ensure you have your Merchant Number (MID) to hand. This can be found on your welcome letter.
- Ensure that the terminal is plugged into the mains via the supplied three pin adapter.
- Ensure the telephone cable is plugged in. If this is the only line coming into your building you may need to use a “splitter” to allow use of the phone also. These splitters can be purchased from handepayspares.co.uk. Never “stack” multiple splitters.
- On powering up the terminal you will be presented with this screen.
- Once ENTER has been pressed, you will be presented with the next screen.
- If “YES” then enter the “Value” required, (usually ‘9’).
- If your incoming line has Call Waiting or 1571 facility then you need to confirm. If this is the case and you choose “no” the terminal will be unable to dial out if there is a message waiting.
- Now you are ready to key in your Merchant ID (MID).
- The terminal will start to dial the host server and a number of communication messages will be shown. On successful completion an installation report will be printed, listing the type of cards which the terminal will accept.
- When complete you are now ready to take payment through your terminal.
Thanks for watching, and please watch this space for more helpful handy tips from Handepay!