Taking a payment on your Ingenico terminal
Today I’m here to show you how to take a payment on your Ingenico terminal.
- At the ‘Ready’ prompt key in the total sale value.
- Dependant on how the terminal is set up would depend on the next step, i.e. if cash back is required you may need to enter the amount of cash back before passing to the customer or card holder to authorise.
- Offer the terminal to the customer or card holder for authorisation.
- The terminal may be set up to take gratuities, in which case the customer will be asked if they wish to leave a gratuity or tip. If this is not the case with your terminal, the customer simply needs to authorise the payment.
- Again, dependent on terminal configuration, this can be done in one of three ways:
- Contactless – if the terminal is set up to do so, the customer simply offers up their card to the terminal
- Chip and PIN – the customer inserts their card and enters their PIN number for authorisation
- Simply swipe the card
- Issue the customer or card holder with the first printed receipt. The second receipt is to be retained for your own records.
The terminal will then return to the “Ready” screen.
Thanks for watching, and please watch this space for more helpful handy tips from Handepay!